Do you plan to take your small business to new heights? Do you feel like your existing customer base is not enough? Does your marketing techniques need to be revamped? You don’t need to worry about all these here in this digital era. The sole solution to your problems is Social media marketing.
Social media marketing or SMM is a form of internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content on social media networks so as to meet your marketing and branding goals. Social media marketing is an effective way to reach all types of prospects and customers.
You are missing out your customers already if you are not interacting with them through social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram or Pinterest. Creative social marketing helps in driving profitable traffic to your website.
Employing social media to market your small business helps you get more money from your existing customers as well as to acquire new ones.
Social media marketing helps your business to achieve a number of goals like :
- To increase the website traffic.
- To increase the conversion rate.
- To raise brand awareness.
- To build a brand identity and positive brand associations.
- To improvise communication with key audiences.
Having an online presence can make or break a business, especially for small businesses. Following are 8 tips to survive in this new age of social marketing.
1. Create profiles on multiple platforms – Proliferation of social media platforms have called for the creation and maintenance of your interactive accounts in them. Thus, keeping you connected with your potential audience and expanding your customer base with the passing of each day.
2. Plan and create engaging social content – Content is the King when it comes to social media marketing. Ensure that you post regularly on your website and offer valuable information which your potential customers will find useful and interesting. The content that you share on your social networks can be social media images, videos, infographics, how-to guides and much more.
3. Content and brand promotion through social media – marketing through social media helps in projecting your business across a variety of social media platforms. Content marketing and social media marketing benefit each other in the sense that a great content leads to a greater reach through social media promotion and social media marketing is said to be successful only if the content has ‘selling and readable’ potential.
4. Content curation – Good blogs will give you a good number of followers. But when you sift through the vast information ocean on the internet and finds some blogs or posts that relate to your niche, you can share it. There is no problem with it because content curation as it is called, or linking outside sources to your website adds to the credibility of your site and you may even get links in return.
5. Hold your ideal customers in the landing page itself – Eliminate the possibility of losing potential leads at the landing page stage by making it user-friendly and simple. Landing pages shall be different from other pages. It should be less complicated, to the point and comprehensible. CTA or Call-To-Action buttons can be added in this page so as to direct customers to meet their demands.
6. Implement automation tools – As a small business entrepreneur, you have to be a jack of all trades. Amidst of all marketing goals, you might not get time to manage social media content. Hiring someone for this task will add to the expenses of your company as well. Fortunately, the automation tools are available in the digital market to save your time and money.
Automation tools like Buffer, Buzzsumo, Hootsuite, MeetEdgar, etc help you in optimizing your social media efforts marketing efforts. They will save your time as well as helps in audience engagement, conversion and traffic management.
7. Include user-generated content – User-generated content and consumer buying decision go hand in hand. The social proof resulting out of product recommendation by friends or family or well-known persons caters to customer buying that product or service. Rather than a stranger promoting content, customers look forward to a recommendation from near and dear ones. It adds to the trust and reliability factor of your content.
8. Live video streaming – Live video streaming on social media platforms is a very engaging format of marketing. It is a very authentic form of communication in which your audience get to know what goes behind the doors of your business. Videos about the functioning of your office, production department, staff etc.. can be shown thereby keeping them interested in your work. This draws your audience closer to your brand.
Lots of companies use social to drive lots of sales and/or get lots of leads. The bigger and more engaged your audience is on social media networks, the easier it will be for you to achieve every other marketing goal on your list. The tips mentioned above can be cross-pollinated and attempted so as to yield better results in your business marketing.